Friday, October 28, 2011

Playing Better Tennis



What does "Playing Better Tennis" really mean?  I'm constantly trying to improve my game but my ego and or pride gets in the way.  My game can quickly move from me trying to improve my shot making skills to trying to prove that I'm the better player.  When my mind-set changes so does my game.  Suddenly I'll find my self pushing the ball instead of following through, I'll start taking the ball late, reluctant to come to the net, and completely mentally fatigued or supper frustrated.

How does a player overcome these issues?  How do we keep our game separate from who we are?  Realizing that just because we lose a game or set in tennis doesn't mean we're losers in life.  It's strange how we (or I) can let a tennis match define me, make me fill bad or great [depending on the outcome]  about myself as a person in someway.  So what does one do about this?  How do we improve our games...fail dust ourselves off, and continue to work on our games without letting it affect who we are?

Well Tomaz Mencinger might have an answer for us.  He has written an article called, "The Secret of Playing Good Tennis" I found it very insightful I hope you do too.  Click here to read more....

No comments:

Post a Comment