Friday, November 18, 2011

Choosing String


Choosing String; my question is this, "how do you know what string to choose?  Is one choice of string really better than another?  Do you want more power, more control, more spin, or one that simply won't exacerbate your arm, shoulder, or elbow problem?"  I don't know about all you folks but some of the people I play tennis with really get in to all the details about what brand and model of racket they use,  what brand and material their strings are, and so on and so forth.

Now I do know what brand of racket I have and model, and I do REALLY love my racket even though most people tell me it's for a beginner player - I say, "I DON'T CARE" I have tried other rackets and I love my Head Titanium Ti.S6.  I also know what string I use because I string my own rackets and I'm cheap.  But that is all beside the point  - there have been a lot of questions I haven't been able to answer - such as whether the court plays fast or slow, or how different stringing material can affect the way you play.

Some of you may have this all figured out and that's awesome; I wish I did.  But for those you who are like me this next article may help you.  It's called, HOW TO CHOOSE A TENNIS RACQUET STRING by Salt Lake City Stringer, I got a lot out of this article I hope you will as well.   Read more here. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment