Monday, November 28, 2011

Are Tennis Racquets Different???


Okay!  A few days ago I posted a blog about how to choose string for your tennis racquet; and does it make a difference? So I thought it might be time to discuss how tennis racquets might be different - I hope you agree.   Anyway, I've played with my ts i6 Head tennis racquet for years now and love it, but I have tried other racquets for the simple fact that my frame is considered better suited for a beginner to intermediate player; and as such I'm really struggling with giving this racquet up.

"Why," you might ask "is your stick considered a beginner/intermediate racquet?"  Good question.  The frame is light making it easier for new players to control but also allows for more vibration on the arm and elbow [which can cause injury]; where thicker stiffer frames sanction more power and less vibration. Your second question might be than,"...if that's the case what's the problem - just upgrade to a more advanced racquet?"  My reply to that would be, "I have tried more advanced racquets but the one I have now gives me the speed and control I like, I just can't seem to get a feel for other racquets, and the other problem is I might like other sticks but string and string tension also play another factor in how the racquet plays.  By the time one goes through all the different possibilities of racquets, string, and string tension, along with trying to figure out what you like is kind-of-a-pain! 

So what is a person to do?  Well you can research racquets as well as borrow some of your friends racquets to see what you like.  Also, most companies will allow you to try different racquets before buying one.  So as for the research part this next article may be of some help.  Click here to read more...

1 comment:

  1. Thank you appleling for your comment. I went to your site and it appears that you have some really great deals on rackets. As I said in my post I need to see about upgrading when I do I'll check out your online store. Thanks again! Tennis Fan

    ReplyDelete