Friday, October 12, 2012

EYE ON THE BALL

Keeping your eye on the ball, what a concept, "right"!  I was looking through the web today for ways to improve my game and ran across a really good article...or so I thought anyway, by Ezine @rticles.  Pretty straight forward stuff really. 

This articles talks about how 1 in 9 players watch the ball while it comes to their rackets while the rest of us (or maybe I should say me) watch other things.  Such as where their opponent is moving, or where they intend to hit the ball, rather than making sure they make good contact with the ball.  Seems like when you've been playing for twenty years (like I have) you would already know to watch the ball, but some-of-us are very thick headed so sometimes it takes a lot I mean, A LOT of drilling to get things like this into our heads. I know it took me ten years just to develop a decent backhand, can't imagine how much longer it will take me to learn eye-on-the-ball!

Anyway, the article also goes on to talk about making sure you clear the net by at least a couple of feet unless the players is moving in close; the author also goes on to give tips what needs to be done take make sure you (or I) can fellow through and be successful. 

If you are interested in reading this piece for yourself simply click here....

No comments:

Post a Comment